Are you thinking about road trips or outdoor gatherings? If yes, you must be finding some portable essentials for the outing at a reasonable price with good quality. Your prime focus is food, and you are looking for a perfect easy to carry grill that must be suitable for you. There are lots of grill products in the market, and it is confusing what we should choose?
We have a solution for you; here, we give you a complete guide about a perfect product Coleman Roadtrip 285 portable propane grill. This guide will discuss the full description and all the aspects of the Coleman road trip 285 grill in detail. After reading this information, you will know everything about the product, and it will assure you about the product
Why choose Coleman RoadTrip 285?
If you’re looking for a good cooking and easily portable grill, Coleman RoadTrip 285 excellent idea for you that one is perfect for your trips and picnics.
- The Coleman RoadTrip 285 portable easy to carry stand-up propane grill.
- The Coleman is a well-known and reputed name for the best quality outdoor camping products globally. The Coleman road trip285 has lots of solid reasoning to be selected.
- There’s a sufficient reason to choose this compact propane grill. It’s a fascinating apparatus crowd-pleaser – it’s perfect when you’re away from home and need to cook for many people.
If you love to stay away from home or outdoors, a person will definitely love this.
Size and dimension really matter, especially when you are away from an outdoor station or you are traveling in size, so the current time-space matters. The Coleman road trip 285 is well aware of this factor. It will provide you with a very smart, dashing, versatile grill machine. Easily foldable with two wheels for outdoor transportation. You can carry it on the roof of the jeep, hold it behind the truck easily. The Coleman RoadTrip™ 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill features are sturdy quick-fold legs and 2 wheels for a hassle-free setup, takedown, and transport so that taking your grill on a camping trip or to a tailgate is easy. It’s never been a burden to have this grill with you.
Features & Specifications:
- Dimensions: 30.2 x 19.2 x 16.1 inches
- Primary cooking area: 285 square inches
- Three burners: 20,000 BTU/hour
- Fuel: Liquid Propane canisters
- Electronic ignition system
- Cast iron, porcelain-coated cooking grates
- Sliding side tables
- Easily foldable with two wheels for transportation
- The water pan catches cooking grease and is removable for easy cleaning
- Rating: 4.65’/5
For and Against:
Here we will elaborate on some pros and cons of the Coleman road trip 285 portable grill, so this will quickly help you decide. For and against is a quick review technique.
But the overall review is that the Coleman road trip 285 portable propane grill is a highly rated and best-selling product in all Coleman range, and overall it’s a customer choice product.
Easy to Assemble
The Coleman RoadTrip 285 grill is very easy to assemble, so you can just take a few minutes to assemble, very convenient to carry anywhere to your desire. The Coleman RoadTrip grill lives up to its name. It is a very portable grill that you can take on your road trips with your family and friends. If you love your household BBQ grill, then you will also love this Coleman road trip grill. If you think that a grill for the outdoor is small and tabletop in design, then this one will get you down. It is the ultimate reliable and versatile portable grill that’s a brilliant choice if you want to cook somewhere other than home.
Now you are going to read the most interesting part of this guide, which is the manufacturing aspects of the Coleman roadtrip 285 portable grill—it the most crucial area to discuss because this area is the customer’s focus.
The immense fascination is to have this propane grill is the portability, and it’s very easy to carry. It is Just like a carry-on suitcase and very convenient and has an option to fold and unfold. Once folded up, this grill can be rolled to wherever you want to go and use the two large wheel like a trolley and build-in handle.
The most extraordinary feature is that it can be stored upright.
It has enhanced burners grilling control and improved technology that is capable of delivering up to 20,000 BTUs. In this portable grill, you will have 25% better control.
This grill includes three types of adjustable burners. It has good temperature control for its size. The burners have enhanced temperature control allowing for more precise heating.
This grill has an extensive cooking surface for different portable styles of cooking and meal options. You can easily change your iron grill grates with stove grates or griddles. You can purchase these parts individually.It will add flavour to your cookouts, adding more dishes to the plate.
It’s perfect for outdoor gatherings and road trips; you can cook veggies, meat, or seafood on Coleman road trip 285 portable propane grill. It has two sliding table sides for cooking utensils and to keep sauces on it. The Coleman roadtrip 285 grill is very convenient for family gatherings while traveling.
The quality check of a product is an essential point for you, so you have to focus on two things, the size and quality of the grill build. The Coleman road trip 285 portable propane grill is built with steel, so it’s a robust build grill. It will be a little shaky sometimes if the surface is not smooth.
The side tables and handles are made of plastic, so it’s a little bit of a concerned area for you. If you handle this grill with care, you can enjoy it for years.
Technical Features of Coleman RoadTrip 285:
|Dimensions||30.25 x 19.2 x 16.1 inches|
|Weight||46 lbs. 10.7 oz.|
Performance of Coleman RoadTrip 285:
Let’s start measuring the performance of the Coleman roadtrip 285 portable propane grill. Now we will discuss the manufacturing performance in detail and their critical factors of manufacturing areas.
- In this grill, there is a one-pound cylinder of propane fuel to power up the three burners. You can adjust these burners to control the heating power. Do you know what the maximum power to grill is? It delivers 20,000 BTU grilling power at the maximum level of grilling. While cooking, you can adjust the burner according to your need. The cooking grates are made up of cast iron with the coating of porcelain, and they retain the maximum heat.
- The best thing is that the Coleman roadtrip 285 grill is portable because it’s very convenient to assemble and set up anywhere.
- The grilling area is 285 square inches in size; it’s enough space for cooking in gatherings. The push-button used to start ignition. This grill has an easy way to control the temperature of three adjustable burners.
- You can lock the lid of the grill, and there is a thermometer in the lid so you can quickly check and set the grill’s internal temperature. Isn’t it pretty cool?
- Whenever we are using a grilling machine, we are worried about the temperature setting. The heating is the main issue to set because we don’t need too much heating. So if you are using it regularly, you will know how much heating is suitable for this specific food. You can control the temperature very easily. All it needs is practice.
- Here are more amazing manufacturing plus point in Coleman roadtrip 285, and that ischangeable cooking tops. The skillet makes it different and makes it more than a grill in special terms, and you can purchase separate required grilling items.
- The Coleman roadtrip portable grill is very easy to clean. When you start cooking at the grill, you need to clean it regularly because the water pan gets grease while cooking. But it’s very simple because the water pan in the grill is removable, and you can take it out and just clean it up.
- The convenient part is having two side sliding tables for the utensils and keeping sauces while cooking. So you can have a very nice stylish grill with a portable quality, which looks pretty amazing.
Why is Coleman Roadtrip 285 portable grill better than other portable propane grilling options?
Let’s compare all Coleman grill options and test why this one is better than others? This part is fun to check.
|RoadTrip 285 portable Stand–UpPropane Grill||RoadTrip 225 PortableStand-UpPropane Grill||RoadTrip 225 PortableTabletopPropane Grill|
|Number of Burners||3||2||2|
|Surface area for cooking||285 sq. in.||225 sq. in.||225 sq. in.|
|Integrated thermometer gauge||✔||—||—|
|Easy to clean||✔||✔||✔|
|Changeable cooking tops||✔||✔||✔|
|Instant start ignition||✔||✔||✔|
Especially, Coleman RoadTrip portable range is best in all aspects and has its specialty checks. Still, here we are comparing their features to decide why the 285 grill option is suitable for you. So let’s start;
Coleman RoadTrip 225 portable Stand-Up Propane Grill:
The difference is the grill area for cooking is a little bit less, and the temperature control burners are two instead of three. Hence, the BTU is also less than Coleman 285 grill. The style is almost the same, but the sliding table is only one.
- It is also a very stylish stand-up and easy to carry grill with a portable quality feature.
- The difference is that it has one side sliding table and two adjustable temperature control zones.
- The BTU range is 2000 to 11,000, and the area is 225 sq. in.
Coleman RoadTrip 225 Portable Tabletop Propane Portable:
The 225 Tabletop grill is a little bit change as well. The primary difference is its style, and that is tabletop because it has no wheels system and no sliding trays. This grill is changed, and it has low BTU and surface area.
- It has two burners to control the temperature, and BTU is 2000 to 11000.
- The surface area is 225 sq. in with the tabletop surface
- The style is changing but yet stylish, now in this style, it’s a table and has no wheels.
So the difference:
- 285 grill style significantly changed, and it’s a suitcase wheeling style. It has some enhanced features than others.
- It has three burners and a large surface area for cooking, and the area is 285 sq. in.
- Enhanced BTU 3250 to 20,000.
- A very different feature is that its thermometer in the lid to check inside temperature and control the temperature power.
Warranty of Coleman Roadtrip 285:
The warranty of a product is essential for the buyer because electronics or machines might have some problem in their mechanism after some time. If you have a warranty card, the company should help you free of cost with this warranty card. The Coleman RoadTrip 285 portable propane grill offers you a limited warranty of 3 years.
Indirect cooking 4/5
Temperature Control 4.5/5
Owner satisfaction 4.6/5
Here we will mention some interesting Customer FAQs, so it might help you clear your questions about Coleman RoadTrip 285 portable propane grill.
Q: How do you clean up grease?
A: I put some water in a pan, and after cooking, I dump the water and clean this pan with a paper towel. This BBQ grill is designed to prevent grease easily and easy to pull inner parts out to clean. So it’s very easy to clean it.
Q: How much does it weigh in comparison to other Coleman portable grills?
A: There is not much difference in the weight, but the thing which I like the most and I decided to buy Coleman RoadTrip 285 because it’s surface area and three burners with 20,000 BTU grill.
Q: How high of a temperature does it reach?
A: It reaches 650 to 700.
We go through all the reviews below the product, and we found an amazing review with five stars ratings. This review explains the whole product in detail, and this review shows customer satisfaction as well. So we thought, let’s share this review here.
“It’s a wonderful feeling to have this grill. I feel that this is part of outdoor activities. I love this grill! It has a large enough space to accommodate a decent amount of food but portable enough to fit in a quaint space. This grill is great! It has three burners, so the things that you are grilling do not cook unevenly. I purchased a propane adapter and hooked up my propane grill to it. It is easy to assemble.
First time out, we made four burgers and six brats and still had room to spare! It heats quickly and evenly; the temp gauge on top is super handy! It lights easily, heats quickly, creates a high temperature, and is assembled and disassembled pretty nicely! I’m a fan of Coleman roadtrip 285.”
Here we conclude that we have the best affordable package, including all the leisure. It has a small size grill, which is easy to carry anywhere, an excellent choice for outdoor parties. Coleman road trip 285 having huge space for cooking for your friends and family anywhere outside; it completely fulfills your requirements. You will never feel that you are away from home. It’s small in size but compatible with your needs. The Coleman RoadTrip 285 Review portable propane grill indeed is part of your outdoor life.